The trouble is that this has often been left for months, or in some cases, even years.
- Because the manager doesn’t know how to tackle it
- The manager has tried having a “chat” with the employee and it hasn’t worked, so they’ve given up
- They are frightened of upsetting the member of staff
- The company has had a bad experience in the past
- The employer is afraid the employee will accuse them of discrimination
But not tackling bad performance can have impact on your whole team.
If you handle issues around performance correctly you can dismiss an employee if necessary – you don’t have to suffer in silence.
For help with problems of poor performance in your business, please contact us on 01256 328 428.