PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL TOOLKIT
“Reality HR’s contribution to improving performance management has been terrific.” Marcus Graziano, Caspian One
Why you need the Reality HR Toolkit for Performance Appraisals
Performance appraisals are a way of assessing an individual’s job performance against pre-determined business objectives and other criteria. A best practice system for carrying out performance appraisals goes a long way to helping you get the most out of every employee.
Virtually every successful, growing organization has an effective system for performance appraisals, and the beauty of this toolkit is that it gives you a framework that you can adapt to suit the way you work.
1. A step-by-step guide to a best practice appraisal system
- Personalise and adapt it so it fits your organisation perfectly and helps embed your unique culture
- Use it to train and retrain all appraisers
- Share it to create transparency across the company
- Use it to align your team with your corporate goals and objectives
2. Guidance notes
- For overall company strategy and procedure
- For both appraiser and appraisee
3. Template forms
- Appraisal preparation
- Appraisal summary
- One-to-one discussion record
- Development action plan
What problems does the Reality HR Toolkit solve?
If you subscribe to the belief that performance appraisals are a valuable activity, then using the Reality HR Toolkit will save you time, frustration and money.
Typically, some of the problems with performance appraisals include:
People are afraid of appraisals
- Appraisers fear negative reaction
- Appraisees fear hearing something they don’t want to hear
The Reality HR Toolkit helps you to design your system so that is much more transparent, and nasty surprises no longer exist.
Different managers appraise in different ways
- Some managers consistently run successful appraisals, others run them inconsistently, poorly or not at all
- Staff being appraised poorly feel aggrieved and this can be a trigger point to lose a good team member
The Reality HR Toolkit provides every appraiser with the same agreed templates and facilitates training, re-training and record-keeping, so inconsistency becomes a thing of the past.
Talent is often buried inside a company
- Good people are often overlooked and leave for better opportunities
- Skills remain under-utilised and productivity suffers
The Reality HR Toolkit enables senior management much greater insight into the talent within the organisation
Some staff are not aligned with your company’s goals
- They do not realise the impact of their contribution of lack of it
- They are less engaged than they could be
The Reality HR Toolkit ensures that the company’s goals and objectives are part of the process for performance appraisals.
Find out the improvements you could make with Reality HR on your side. Give us a call on 01256 328 428 for a chat!
Get in touch